Friday 16 March 2012

Finding Yourself

I never usually think of doing posts about me as a person. It is usually more centred around my love of clothes. But I have recently read two books that have had such a large effect on me. These are 'Many Lives, Many Masters' by Dr Brian Weiss and 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho. They are both different but have the same sort of attitude towards faith.

 I personally don't believe in God, I usually get told I have decided this just as an act for attention. But it is my decision. I just find it hard to trust in something that I just don't know about. I guess I need to learn a little bit more about faith. Many Lives, Many Masters is about reincarnation. It is a documentary type book. My mother told me to read it, as it had such a large effect on her. As soon as I started I couldn't put it down.

 I know believe in reincarnation, which feels nice and comforting to start believing in something. The Alchemist is about finding yourself and the journey you go on to do this. It has many useful phrases that after having read it, I could link with my everyday life.

They both have become so useful, when I am put into a tricky situation in which normally you would turn to God. I am now about to start 'Manual Of The Warrior Of Light' by Paulo Coelho. I have no idea what this is going to be about. But the idea that it could be as incredible as these two books has already got me excited. Below I will post a picture of the two books, well simply because I love pictures.

If anyone reads this, please comment and let me know what you think.


2 comments:

  1. To be honest, people are more interesting than clothes, but don't tell the fashion bloggers I said that...

    Thank you for the sweet words :*

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paulo coelho :)
    you have a great taste!!

    bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete